Dull and frizzy hair can be a nightmare for any one. It plays havoc with your style and makes you look older than you actually are and not to mention you just look plain unkempt. However, you can use a number of home remedies to tame your hair and make them look shiny instead of dull and frizzy.
If we delve deeper into the problem of frizzy hair, it is revealed that frizzy hair is caused by the loss of water in hair or dehydration of the hair because the moisture holding ability of the hair has been impacted, The layers of the cuticle tend to disintegrate due to the lack of water which causes coarse and brittle hair. Some people tend to get frizzy hair due to genetics while others develop after a prolonged exposure to humidity and heat. Excessive chemical based hair treatments, perming and blow drying can also cause this problem.
Here are some home remedies for frizzy hair:
• You can use a protein mask to replenish the lost moisture in your hair. In 3 1/2 ounces of water, preferably warm, add a couple of egg yolks and mix well. Into this mixture, you can put three drops of sandalwood oil, rosemary oil and clear honey. Mix well. This mixture needs to be applied along the complete length of the hair shaft and then left on for an hour. It’s a good idea to use a shower cap to wrap the hair. Use luke warm water to rinse your hair and dry gently with a towel. This protein pack can be used couple of times in a week.
• Using a fruit mask is also another great home remedy. Mash and mix an overripe banana and a ripe avocado. Massage your hair with this mixture and let it stay for about 15 minutes. You can then use lukewarm water to rinse your hair. Then use your regular shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair.
• Apply a thoroughly beaten mixture consisting of two egg yolks on your scalp and the complete length of the hair. Keep it on for five minutes and wash it with luke warm water.
• Apply three tablespoons of warm olive oil onto your freshly shampooed and towel dried hair and let it stay for about half an hour. Then shampoo and condition as normal.
• Pour some beer in a spray bottle and apply it to your freshly shampooed and towel dried hair. Don’t worry about smelling like beer, the odor will be gone by the time your hair is dried, so just style your hair normally.
These are just some of the home remedies for frizzy hair. The problem of frizzy hair can further worsen due to stress and skipping meals. Make sure that you use warm water when you shampoo your hair and cool water while rinsing the conditioner from your hair. Home remedies and natural cures are some of the best solutions for frizzy hair since they are free from side effects and naturally help to Straight and long-haired.